Support and guidance
Covid-19 lateral flow testing advice
Everyone who has school age children from Nursery to University are entitled to free Lateral flow test to be done twice weekly. This has been rolled out to curb the virus before it can get into schools or students transferring it home.
To be clear these tests are for Parents and support bubbles only, schools will be conducting their own tests on students – depending on age.
Below are links to the Government news issued, the NHS test sites where the whole family/bubble tests can be picked up, and online ordering site if you are unable to get to a test site, but if you order online, each household member has to order separately.
We have tried both methods and they are extremely efficient.
Worried about your health/wellbeing?
Text YoungMinds Crisis Messenger for free 24/7 support: text YM to 85258.
- All texts are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors.
- Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus.
Or call Childline on 0800 1111 to speak with someone directly.
What’s next? Careers talk.
To help you to think about different choices in your future, you can:
- Talk to your parents or other adults about your career ideas and future plans
- Research various careers using the links above
- Ask your career advisor about options available in education, employment and training
- Find out about training, college, and university entrance requirements as well as what is needed for jobs you are interested in
- Develop your skills by taking part in clubs and activities – this will help you when you are applying for courses or jobs
- Find out about the world of work through work experience and extra-curricular activities by talking to relatives and family friends about the kinds of work they do
- Go to careers events held at local schools and colleges or virtual ones