How do I sign up?
How do I get started?

The quickest way to get started is to ring us on 01242 604985. We will talk you through the process and set up a short student induction. You can also download a referral form here and send it in to info@apricotlearningonline.co.uk. We can’t wait to start this adventure with you.

Information for parents
What keystages/ages do you teach?

We teach KS2, KS3, KS4, and KS5 (6th form). Basically ages 8 and up. You don’t have to stick to a year group based on your child’s chronological age, though. We will teach to the current stage of your child’s learning journey.

What subjects do you teach?
We teach all core subjects and a myriad of others. Check out the full offer of subjects here.
What curriculum do you follow? Are groups by sets/level? How are children assessed?

We follow the English National Curriculum for all keystages and offer full GCSE and A Level qualification courses. We also offer Functional Skills and some BTEC courses. Groups are usually comprised of year group/keystage, but this can be flexible. Differentiation within our small groups is paramountto ensure everyone gets tailored learning opportunities.

Baseline assessments take place discretely during the first 2 weeks of lessons. This allows our teachers to get the information they need to prepare lessons and resources at an appropriate level and pace. Short termly assessments and mock exam questions (KS4-KS5) are utilised to gauge expected progress.

How many students per group?
We teach a maximum of 12 students per group.
Are you DfE registered or quality assured?

Currently, no online education provision can be registered with the DfE. However, Apricot was invited to consultation meetings with the DfE in their effort to create an inspection framework for online education providers. Unfortunately, the pandemic has halted that process for the moment. On the bright side, we have been quality assured by numerous LAs and councils as part of their vetting process for their provider frameworks and are members of The Tutors’ Association.

What are parents and students saying about Apricot?
Great question! Enjoy these…. Parent comments can be found here. Student comments can be found here.
What I need to know after registering
What equipment do I need? What resources do you provide?

You will need a computer, headset, and the internet. No printer is required, as we provide all learning resources to you online.

How do I see and understand my child's progress?

Our reports are really in-depth and you can read about them and download a sample report on this page. Importantly, you should know that we report on 21st c. life skills and learning behaviours, as well as academic progress.

Do you set homework? How much? How is it submitted?
Yes, we do set weekly homework through the learning platform. Students can upload their work securely by simply responding to the assignments that are set. Simples!
What about exams or the lack thereof?

Exam years: If your child is on role at a school, then you should ensure that the school registers them to sit exams onsite. If your child is not on role at a school, then you should register them privately through your LA or Council. Non-exam years: We are not an exam centre and until final advice is forthcoming from the government, every school has their own requirements for teacher grading and evidence. Some examples are: letters from teachers, proof of QTS status (Qualified Teacher Status), course numbers, random evidence of student work and grades, some form of assessment (defined by the individual schools). Rest assured that whatever the requirements, Apricot has always been able to satisfy schools with what they need. We will continue to do so.

How do I contact Apricot if I have a problem?
We are always at the end of the phone or an email. Ring us on 01242 604985 to get started or for curriculum questions, technical support, etc. Our email is info@apricotlearningonline.co.uk. Once you start, you’ll be able to contact your child’s teacher directly through their individual school email address.