Who to refer and why
Who is Apricot Education for?
- Students who have disengaged from the learning process
- Students who are not accessing mainstream education
- Students who are excluded or are in danger of exclusion
- Students at risk of becoming NEET
- Students with medical needs
- Students with social, emotional, or mental health needs
- Students with gaps in their education
- Students who need their education tailored to their particular interests and needs
- Students seeking GCSEs, Further Education, or seeking to qualify for higher education
- Students lacking the necessary skills for employability
Features of Apricot Education
- Access to the National Curriculum for core subjects and expanded curriculum, including Computing, Psychology, Business Studies, and the like
- English, Maths, and SMSC are embedded in all lessons
- Interactive and engaging lessons designed for the ability and age of the child
- Skills that employers want to increase employability
- Lessons that are relevant to the real world
- 1:1 or your own small groups available
- Flexibility to timetable our lessons alongside other courses, apprenticeships, regular appointments, or vocational programmes
- In-depth Student Progress Tracking reports
Online learning might be just right for your students
- Interactive and immersive learning games inspire students to engage with learning – used in lessons and available on the learning platform.
- Online learning affords a degree of control to students with difficulty in facing direct learning or those who have classroom anxieties.
- The degree of anonymity offered by the online classroom provides comfort and confidence for those suffering education related anxieties.
- Aspirations are often raised by a completely new start – with new teachers and the potential for collaboration with new peers.
- We’ve got street cred – technology is intrinsic to youth culture. Children are naturally motivated to engage with the online world and respond positively to the enhanced learning experience offered by our lessons.
- Online classrooms are compelling learning environments – removing the distractions of a physical classroom and replacing them with interactive resources increases attention span and focus on educational tasks.
- Consistent use of the internet/PC for learning fully familiarises students with the ICT skills needed to enable them to find work in our technology-driven world.
- Our web-based provision can be accessed from anywhere there is a computer with a broadband connection and is ideal for refusers and those with social issues, travel issues, or the requirement of a flexible timetable.
- School comes to the student wherever they may be – offering flexibility and overcoming logistical issues and related costs.
- Greater parental engagement. Parental involvement in education is enabled through our learning platform. Parents and carers can track attendance, progress, and homework assignments to support their child’s journey.